Our technologies are now within your grasp.
Million In Research Expenditures
Number of Fields Ranked in the Top 10
University Start-ups in the past 10 years
News from Vice President for Research
Tech transfer from research at Penn State generated $22.5 million in fiscal 2015. This is partly thanks to the university’s reworked approach to intellectual property, which makes it easier than ever for researchers to work with outside companies to fast-track innovations:
- Penn State will not seek to retain ownership of IP.
- Penn State will assign IP to sponsor upon request.
- Penn State has the right to publish research results.
- Penn State has the right to practice IP for research and educational purposes.
- If Penn State research results lead to exceptional commercial success, sponsor agrees to share proportionally with Penn State.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis.
Information about IP: https://www.research.psu.edu/otm/approach-to-IP
The Vice President for Research: https://www.research.psu.edu/
The Office for Industrial Partnerships: http://researchpartnerships.psu.edu/
The unique tool Penn State has designed to connect PSU researchers to the technical challenges and needs of industry: http://innovation.psu.edu/