Our students & research are now within your grasp.
Million In Research Expenditures
Number of Fields Ranked in the Top 10
University Start-ups in the past 10 years
News from Vice President for Research
- Penn State will not seek to retain ownership of IP.
- Penn State will assign IP to sponsor upon request.
- Penn State has the right to publish research results.
- Penn State has the right to practice IP for research and educational purposes.
- If Penn State research results lead to exceptional commercial success, sponsor agrees to share proportionally with Penn State.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis.
Information about IP: https://www.research.psu.edu/otm/approach-to-IP
The Vice President for Research: https://www.research.psu.edu/
The Office for Industrial Partnerships: http://researchpartnerships.psu.edu/
The unique tool Penn State has designed to connect PSU researchers to the technical challenges and needs of industry: http://innovation.psu.edu/